FSVC works to promote transparency and accountability in developing and emerging market countries by strengthening public financial management (PFM). On the supply-side, FSVC’s PFM programs promote international best practices in budget management and execution, cash management, procurement, internal controls and internal/external audit across government institutions. On the demand-side, FSVC also encourages transparency and accountability by training civil society organizations (CSOs) on best practices in budget advocacy, establishing coalitions and watchdog agencies, and launching media and public awareness campaigns.
Key FSVC indicators from 2011 to present:
- The creation and operationalization of the Jordanian Budget Alliance, a formal coalition of 11 CSOs working on open budget-related issues.
- The publication of the first-ever Citizens’ Budget (2015) and Mid-Year Review (2016) in Jordan.
- Improved communication between the legislative branch and the executive branch of government on budget issues, and significantly increased the participation of CSOs in the budget process in Jordan.
- Helped establish the CSO Budget Participation Group (GOSCOP), the first ever CSO budget monitoring coalition in Angola.
- Trained PFM trainers at the government institute for public finances in Angola to ensure sustainability.
- Launched e-platform (www.cabrane.com) with Tunisian Association of Public Auditors (ATCP) to allow citizens and CSOs to track government expenditures on public projects.
- Assistance resulted in the publication of the Ctizens’ Budget in Tunisia.
- Trained over 100 Zambian ministry officials on the adoption and implementation of the Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS), an innovative software platform that enables government officials to account for public revenues and expenditures more effectively and transparently.
FSVC Monthly Update - Combating the Financing of Terrorism in Somalia, Creating Citizens Budget in Bangladesh and More!
FSVC Monthly Update - Modernizing Public Accounting in Ethiopia, Building the Capacity of Business Incubators in Algeria and More!
FSVC Monthly Update - Launching an Incubator in Niger, Building the Capacity of Chambers of Commerce in Tunisia and More!
FSVC Monthly Update - Anti-Money Laundering in Pakistan, Fiscal Transparency in Ethiopia and More!
FSVC Monthly Update - Study Tour for a Kazakh Bank, Launch of Budget Web-Portal in Moldova and More!
Enhancing Public Access to Government Information in Tunisia - Success Story
FSVC Quarterly Newsletter - May 2019
FSVC Monthly Update - Central Securities Depository in Moldova, Open Data in Tunisia and More
FSVC Monthly Update - Budget Transparency in Bangladesh, Instant Payments in Albania and More
FSVC Monthly Update - Fintech Panel in New York, #GivingTuesday and More
FSVC Quarterly Newsletter - June 2018
FSVC Monthly Update - SME Banking in Mongolia and More
FSVC Monthly Update - Combating the Financing of Terrorism in Somalia and More
FSVC Quarterly Newsletter - March 2018
FSVC Monthly Update - Government Transparency in Tunisia and More
FSVC Newsletter - November 2017
FSVC Monthly Update - July 2017
Training Tunisian Civil Society Organizations in Budget Analysis
FSVC Monthly Update - June 2017
FSVC Commences New Program in Albania to Improve Tax Collection