In December 2019, FSVC launched a new major program in Angola funded by the Angolan central bank, Banco Nacional de Angola (BNA). The program will help strengthen the capacity of the BNA in the areas of anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) supervision and prudential banking supervision.
FSVC’s program is structured as a series of technical activities covering the following topics:
- Strengthening private sector lending;
- Addressing non-performing loans within the banking sector;
- Strengthening bank supervision;
- Addressing AML deficiencies;
- Strengthening connections to the international financial system; and
- Supporting economic growth, job creation and financial inclusion.
To date, thanks to FSVC’s program, BNA staff have increased their knowledge in the following areas:
- Implementing a risk-based approach to AML/CFT; and
- Strengthening AML/CFT supervision of banks.