Position: Program Officer
Location: New York City
Start Date: February/March 2021
The Financial Services Volunteer Corps (FSVC) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Program Team in New York City. Our mission at FSVC is to deliver cutting-edge technical assistance to strengthen financial sectors in developing countries. We deliver this assistance mostly by recruiting senior-level financial experts to serve as volunteers on short-term missions.
Among other tasks, you will be responsible for identifying these experts and managing a portfolio of U.S. Government-funded programs, from project design through execution and post-project follow-up. As a Program Officer, you will build trusted relationships with dedicated senior-level volunteer experts from around the world, and work with them to prepare interactive, engaging activities on a variety of financial and governance topics. You will also work closely with our amazing field staff to develop these projects that improve the lives of people in the countries where we work.
What You’ll Do
- Manage all stateside aspects of assigned program implementation, from project design, to expert recruiting through execution and post-project follow-up
- Identify and recruit potential volunteers with expertise in various financial sector areas to serve as volunteers on individual projects
- Collaborate closely with FSVC field staff to support program development, project management, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Contribute to proposal writing and other business development activities, as needed
- Contribute actively to improving FSVC’s efficacy and impact
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in topics such as finance, economics, business management or international relations
- Relevant internship and/or full-time work experience in financial services or international development work, including previous work experience in “Big Four” accounting and consultancy firms
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Superb written and oral communication skills as this role requires a substantial amount of communication via phone and email
- A team player and fast learner, with a “get it done” mindset
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Fluency in a second language is a plus (e.g., Portuguese, French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic)
- Excited about building your career within an innovative, nimble and growing not-for-profit organization
- Desire to make a difference in developing countries
- Curiosity about financial sector development, and financial innovation and inclusion
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States
Perks & Benefits
Being part of the FSVC team means joining a community of dedicated professionals who are truly passionate about making a difference in developing countries. We are a smaller organization so it also means joining our family. To ensure you are well taken care of, we offer a comprehensive and thoughtful benefits package that includes the following items and a whole suite of other great benefits.
- Excellent health coverage benefits
- Annual education allowance
- Generous PTO and holidays
- 401(k) program
- Global staff meetings at overseas locations
- Private roundtables and conferences with senior-level financial sector experts
A Little About Us…
Since 1990, FSVC has been delivering technical assistance projects in over 65 countries. These projects focus, among others, on helping banks lend to small businesses, setting up deposit insurance to protect people’s savings, and helping governments manage their budgets more effectively and transparently. Sound, inclusive and transparent financial infrastructures are critical to support job creation and support lasting economic growth in these countries. To do so, we provide objective technical assistance that focuses on sustainable, locally-owned impact. We are built on a culture of respect for all staff members, volunteer experts and counterparts.
FSVC currently has field offices in Albania, Angola, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Jordan, Kenya, Lesotho, Niger, Somalia, Tajikistan and Tunisia. More here: www.fsvc.org.
Come Join Us!
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind against employees, applicants or other covered persons based on race, color, sex, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For consideration, please email a cover letter, resume and relevant writing sample to email@example.com and please include “Program Officer” in the subject line. The writing sample should not exceed 3 pages. Submission Deadline: January 8, 2021. Please note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.