Program & Operations Coordinator
The Financial Services Volunteer Corps (FSVC) is looking for a highly motivated and pro-active individual to join our team in New York City. This position is unique as it provides a 365-degree view of the internal workings of a smaller non-profit organization, and is quintessential to helping FSVC fulfil its mission of improving quality of life in developing countries by building sound financial sectors.
Since 1990, FSVC has been delivering technical assistance projects in over 65 countries. These projects focus, among others, on helping banks lend to small businesses, setting up deposit insurance to protect people’s savings, and helping governments manage their budgets more effectively and transparently. Sound, inclusive and transparent financial infrastructures are critical to support job creation, attract foreign investment and support lasting economic growth in these countries. FSVC currently has field offices in Albania, Angola, Ethiopia, Kenya, Lebanon, Somalia, Tajikistan and Tunisia.
So what role would the Program & Operations Coordinator play? They will be critical in helping FSVC run efficiently on a number of key fronts, which in turn will help us fulfil our important mission. Specifically, the Program & Operations Coordinator will support the Program team, as well as the Operational and Finance teams. On the program side, they will help Program Officers with key logistics related to project delivery, including visa applications, project tracking and reporting. On the operational side, they will work closely with our Chief Financial & Operating Officer on human resources-related matters, including recruiting and onboarding new staff, liaising with NY and field staff, and policy and procedure updates. On the financial side, the Program & Operations Coordinator will help our Senior Accounting Officer 1 to 2 days (maximum) a week with data entry and payments processing to ensure the proper and timely flow of payments. The multi-faceted aspect of this position means it is ideal for a highly dynamic professional who is a terrific team player, with great multi-tasking skills, an acute attention to detail, and the ability to anticipate and solve challenges as they arise.
For consideration, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include “Program & Operations Coordinator” in the subject line. U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status required. Submission Deadline: April 15, 2020. Please note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
· Assist Program team with all stateside aspects of project monitoring, implementation and post-project close out items;
· Liaise closely with FSVC field staff on logistics and office operations;
· Manage HR-related matters, including the recruitment and onboarding of new employees;
· Input data and process payments; and
· Contribute actively to improving FSVC’s efficacy and impact.
· Bachelor’s degree in international relations and/or finance/economics/business;
· Experience in office management and/or program support at financial services or international development institutions;
· Excellent writing skills;
· Superior multi-tasking, issue resolution and organizational skills; and
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.