The Financial Services Volunteer Corps (FSVC) is looking for a highly motivated and analytical individual to join our Program team in New York City. Our mission is to provide the highest quality technical assistance to transition and emerging market countries, by recruiting senior financial experts to serve as volunteers on short-term missions. Among others, you will be responsible for identifying these experts and managing a portfolio of programs, from project design through execution and post-project follow-up. As a Program Officer, you will work very closely with our field staff and volunteer experts, focusing on the development of practical, results-oriented projects.
For consideration, please email a cover letter, resume, and relevant writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Program Officer” in the subject line. The writing sample should not exceed 3 pages. U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status required. Submission Deadline: January 2, 2018. Please note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Manage all stateside aspects of assigned program implementation, from project design through execution and post-project follow-up;
- Develop a network of contacts with expertise in various financial sector areas, to advise on program implementation and potentially serve as volunteers on individual projects;
- Liaise closely with FSVC field staff to support program development and project management;
- Contribute to proposal writing and other business development activities, as needed; and
- Contribute actively to improving FSVC’s efficacy and impact.
- Undergraduate degree in finance/economics/business management or international relations;
- Relevant internship and/or full-time work experience in financial services or international development work, including previous work experience in “Big Four” accounting and consultancy firms;
- Fluency in one or more languages spoken in countries where FSVC currently operates;
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills;
- Efficiency and business acumen; and
- Ability to work independently.