Program and Communication Coordinator
The Financial Services Volunteer Corps (FSVC) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Program Team in New York City. Our mission at FSVC is to deliver cutting-edge technical assistance to strengthen financial sectors in developing countries. We deliver this assistance mostly by recruiting senior-level financial experts to serve as volunteers on short-term activities.
This position is unique as it provides a 365-degree view of the internal workings of a smaller non-profit organization, and is quintessential to helping FSVC fulfill its mission. The Program and Communication Coordinator will help FSVC run efficiently on several key fronts, working closely with our NY Program and Finance teams, dedicated senior-level volunteer experts from around the world and our amazing field staff. The multi-faceted aspect of this position means it is ideal for a highly dynamic professional who is a terrific team player, with great multi-tasking skills, an acute attention to detail, and the ability to anticipate and solve challenges as they arise.
– Provide support to FSVC Program Officers, as well as field offices as needed, including reviewing of experts’ expense reports, local office registration needs and ordering supplies
– Conduct quarterly review of project files, in preparation for FSVC’s annual external audit
– Oversee project management database, help troubleshoot and coordinate technical support as needed
– Maintain and update FSVC’s website on a regular basis
– Draft the monthly newsletters
– Manage FSVC’s LinkedIn account
– Maintain and update FSVC’s marketing materials
Accounting and Office Management Support
– Coordinate and execute FSVC’s annual fundraising campaign with management
– Manage logistics related to recruitment and onboarding of new employees and volunteer experts
– Support Finance Team as needed, including filing/organizing and data analysis (1 to 2 days a week, maximum)
– Provide general NY office support (e.g., supply orders) as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in international relations, communications, nonprofit management or finance/economics/business management
· Experience in office management and/or program support or communications at financial services or international development institutions
· Excellent writing skills, particularly for concise and effective marketing materials and website content
· Superior multi-tasking, issue resolution and organizational skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Excited about building your career within an innovative, nimble and growing not-for-profit organization
· Desire to make a difference in developing countries
· Curiosity about financial sector development, and financial innovation and inclusion
· Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States
Being part of the FSVC team means joining a community of dedicated professionals who are truly passionate about making a difference in developing countries. We are a smaller organization so it also means joining our family. To ensure you are well taken care of, we offer a comprehensive and thoughtful benefits package that includes the following items and a whole suite of other great benefits.
· Excellent health coverage benefits
· Annual education allowance
· Generous PTO and holidays
· 401(k) program
· Global staff meetings at overseas locations
· Private roundtables and conferences with senior-level financial sector experts
Since 1990, FSVC has been delivering technical assistance projects in over 70 countries. These projects focus, among others, on helping banks lend to small businesses, setting up deposit insurance to protect people’s savings, and helping governments manage their budgets more effectively and transparently. Sound, inclusive and transparent financial infrastructures are critical to support job creation and support lasting economic growth in these countries. To do so, we provide objective technical assistance that focuses on sustainable, locally-owned impact. We are built on a culture of respect for all staff members, volunteer experts and counterparts.
FSVC currently has field offices in Albania, Angola, Eswatini, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Iraq, Lesotho, Morocco, Niger, South Africa, Sudan, Tajikistan and Tunisia.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind against employees, applicants or other covered persons based on race, color, sex, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local laws. For consideration, please email a resume to email@example.com and please include “Program and Communication Coordinator” in the subject line. The writing sample should not exceed 3 pages. Please note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.