The Financial Services Volunteer Corps (FSVC) is looking for a highly motivated and analytical individual to join our Program team in New York City as a Director. Our mission is to provide the highest quality technical assistance to developing countries, by recruiting senior financial experts to serve as volunteers on short-term missions. As a Director, you will be responsible for identifying business development opportunities from traditional funders (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, the U.S. Department of State) and managing the proposal process, including research, drafting and editing. You will work very closely with our field staff to do so, focusing on the development of practical, results-oriented proposals that respond to local needs and help improve people’s lives.
For consideration, please email a cover letter, resume, and relevant writing sample to email@example.com and include “Director” in the subject line. The writing sample should not exceed 3 pages. U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status required. Submission Deadline: January 15, 2019. Please note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Manage all stateside aspects of proposal development, from proposal design through execution;
- Screen carefully for upcoming opportunities and stay apprised of latest developments, tools and templates used by traditional funders;
- Develop a network of contacts with expertise in various financial sector areas, to advise on proposals and potentially serve as staff, consultants or volunteers on the proposed programs;
- Assist in program implementation and management, as needed;
- Liaise closely with FSVC field staff and FSVC management team to support proposal development;
- Contribute to other business development activities, as needed; and
- Contribute actively to improving FSVC’s efficacy and impact.
- Master’s degree in finance/economics/business management or international relations;
- Relevant full-time work experience in financial services or international development work;
- Excellent writing skills in English and superb attention to detail;
- Fluency in one or more languages spoken in countries where FSVC currently operates;
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills;
- Efficiency and business acumen; and
- Ability to work independently.