The Financial Services Volunteer Corps (FSVC) is looking for a highly motivated and analytical individual to join our Program team in New York City as a Director of Programs. Our mission is to provide the highest quality technical assistance to developing countries, by recruiting senior financial experts to serve as volunteers on short-term missions. As a Director of Programs, you will be responsible for helping the Managing Directors of FSVC manage various technical assistance programs. You will work very closely with our field staff to do so, focusing on the development of practical, results-oriented activities that respond to local needs and help improve people’s lives. Part of the Director’s responsibilities may also include helping in the development of proposals for traditional funders (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, the U.S. Department of State).
For consideration, please email a cover letter, resume, and relevant writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Director” in the subject line. The writing sample should not exceed 3 pages. U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status required. Submission Deadline: February 21, 2019. Please note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Help manage all stateside aspects of program implementation, including activity design, recruitment of experts, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting to funders;
- Liaise closely with FSVC field staff and FSVC management team to support program implementation;
- Help identify business development opportunities, and coordinate the proposal writing and submission process in close coordination with field staff and FSVC management team; and
- Contribute actively to improving FSVC’s efficacy and impact.
- Master’s degree in finance/economics/business management or international relations;
- Relevant full-time work experience in financial services or international development work;
- Excellent writing skills in English and superb attention to detail;
- Fluency in one or more languages spoken in countries where FSVC currently operates;
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills;
- Efficiency and business acumen; and
- Ability to work independently.