Communications & Private Fundraising Officer
The Financial Services Volunteer Corps (FSVC) is looking for a highly motivated and pro-active individual to join our team in New York as a Communications & Private Fundraising Officer. As a Communications & Fundraising Officer, you will work very closely with management and Program staff members to design marketing materials, manage website and social media content, and lead private fundraising initiatives, among other duties.
Since 1990, FSVC has been delivering technical assistance projects in over 65 countries. These projects focus, among others, on helping banks lend to small businesses, setting up deposit insurance to protect people’s savings, and helping governments manage their budgets more effectively and transparently. Sound, inclusive and transparent financial infrastructures are critical to support job creation, attract foreign investment and support lasting economic growth in these countries. FSVC currently has field offices in Albania, Angola, Ethiopia, Kenya, Lebanon, Somalia, Tajikistan and Tunisia.
For consideration, please email a cover letter, resume and relevant writing sample to email@example.com and include “Communications & Private Fundraising Officer” in the subject line. The writing sample should not exceed 3 pages. U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status required. Submission Deadline: April 15, 2020. Please note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
· Responsible for elevating FSVC’s visibility in traditional and new media platforms;
· Design marketing materials to help FSVC recruit new experts, attract private funding and for business development outreach;
· Edit and update FSVC’s website regularly to include recent project highlights;
· Edit and distribute FSVC’s monthly and quarterly newsletter;
· Assist FSVC management and senior staff in drafting speeches and presentations;
· Work closely with FSVC’s President & CEO on private fundraising initiatives, including events and year-end fundraising drives; and
· Contribute actively to improving FSVC’s efficacy and impact.
· Bachelor’s degree in international relations, communications or business;
· Experience in communications, marketing and/or private fundraising with a not-for-profit/NGO;
· Knowledge of international affairs and financial topics preferred;
· Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills; and
· Ability to work independently.