Chief of Party / Country Director
The Financial Services Volunteer Corps (FSVC) is seeking a Chief of Party to successfully and effectively lead the implementation of an expected 3-year, US$7 million USAID-funded program to increase government accountability and policy reform in Niger. The proposed program will 1) help civil society play a more active role in holding the government accountable for policy reform and implementation; 2) assist government institutions in becoming more accountable to citizens thanks to greater effectiveness and transparency; and 3) help foster constructive public-private engagement to identify priority reforms.
The anticipated program in Niger focuses on increasing government accountability and policy reform, core areas of work for FSVC. FSVC has worked with ministries, Parliament, supreme audit institutions and civil society organizations across Africa and the Middle East to improve public financial management, and government accountability and transparency. Other core areas of FSVC’s work include developing central bank capabilities, strengthening commercial banking systems, building capital markets, improving access to finance for small businesses, and combating money laundering and the financing of terrorism. FSVC has regional field offices in Albania, Jordan, Kenya, Moldova, Somalia and Tunisia.
For consideration, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Chief of Party – Niger” in the subject line. Submission Deadline: December 28, 2018. Please note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Manage all field aspects of technical assistance delivery, including activity design, execution, post-activity follow-up, and reporting to funders;
- Manage completion of all activities and deliverables in line with approved work plan;
- Oversee operations of an FSVC office in Niamey;
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key local counterparts, USAID and other relevant technical assistance providers;
- Liaise closely with FSVC HQ staff to ensure effective program implementation and management;
- Actively seek business development opportunities in Niger and the region, as needed; and
- Contribute actively to improving FSVC’s efficacy and impact.
Successful applicants will be dynamic, results-oriented team players, with outstanding execution skills and the proven ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborative environment. They will also be proactive and innovative thinkers, with the proven ability to execute new initiatives, particularly in developing countries. In addition to the qualities listed above, the preferred qualifications for successful applicants will include:
- Master’s degree in a related field;
- 8 to 10 years of experience managing international development programs, particularly USAID-funded programs;
- Demonstrated experience in managing programs focused on government accountability through stronger public policy reform, civil society engagement, and public-private sector dialogue, particularly in Niger or the region;
- Excellent oral and written communication in English required;
- Professional proficiency or fluency in French; and
- Ability to lead and form constructive partnerships with and among local counterparts.