Anti-Money Laundering Software Consultant for Moldova
The Financial Services Volunteer Corps (FSVC) is looking for a highly motivated Consultant with anti-money laundering (AML) software experience for program work in Moldova. A key component of FSVC’s work in Moldova is to support the National Bank of Moldova (NBM) in selecting and implementing a software solution for monitoring the transparency of bank shareholders, and for conducting offsite analysis of the AML/ combating the financing of terrorism (CFT) activities of banks.
FSVC will hire a Consultant to provide technical assistance to the NBM for six months on the selection and implementation of an AML software solution. Specifically, the Consultant will lead the following activities:
- Conduct an analysis of the NBM’s AML software tender offer;
- Assist the NBM during the vendor selection process;
- Assist the NBM in reviewing winning vendor’s initial functional documentation and procurement contract; and
- Assist the NBM in software project management and project implementation.
For each of these activities, the Consultant will coordinate closely with FSVC’s Country Director in Moldova and the NBM to design and schedule the activities. As necessary, the Consultant will prepare written materials and draft final reports on their observations and recommendations. In addition to the activities, the Consultant also will be directly involved with the NBM on the implementation of recommendations from FSVC volunteer experts on other AML-related activities delivered by FSVC. This position is based in Chisinau, Moldova, and reports to the FSVC’s Country Director in Moldova.
FSVC is a not-for-profit, private-public partnership that helps to build sound financial systems in transition and emerging market countries. The premise of FSVC’s work is that sound financial infrastructure is essential to support private entrepreneurship, promote job creation, mobilize domestic savings, attract foreign investment and create conditions that promote lasting economic opportunity. FSVC’s core work concentrates on developing central bank capabilities, strengthening commercial banking systems and building capital markets.
For consideration, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, and include “Moldova – AML Software Consultant” in the subject line. Submission Deadline: October 11, 2018. Please note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Deliver technical assistance to key local counterparts, including the NBM, on how to select and implement an AML software;
- Align recommendations with international standards in this area, to ensure that the software is compliant from the onset;
- Coordinate with local counterparts and FSVC’s Country Director in Moldova regarding activity design, logistical arrangements, implementation, post-activity follow-up and reporting to FSVC’s funder;
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with local counterpart and technical assistance recipients, including the NBM and the Moldovan Financial Intelligence Unit, among other institutions; and
- Provide information and data to FSVC’s Country Director in Moldova on a regular basis, to help FSVC report on program activity in this area, and monitor and measure progress.
- Master’s degree in finance/economics or other program-related field;
- At least seven to ten years of experience in the selection and implementation of AML software, ideally in developing and emerging market countries;
- Experience in delivering international technical assistance on issues related to AML/CFT;
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills; fluency in Romanian or Russian preferred;
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills; and
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.