The Financial Services Volunteer Corps (FSVC), a non-profit organization, is looking for a detail-oriented individual who enjoys working with numbers to join our Finance Team in New York City. This position requires an individual with strong excel skills.
• Process payments
• Process expense reports
• Reconciliation of corporate American Express and Mastercard credit cards
• Process overseas offices monthly ledgers
• Maintain records (in excel) of 2 bank accounts daily
• Interact with FSVC program staff on proper coding of expenses
• Depositing checks as needed
• Electronic filing and archive upkeep of all invoices, expense reports and payments
• Assist with budget preparation on needed basis
• Assist with financial reports on needed basis
• Assist Senior Accountant and Financial Analyst on ad hoc projects
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
• Prior experience is a plus
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel and Word
• Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States
Being part of the FSVC team means joining a community of dedicated professionals who are truly passionate about making a difference in developing countries. We are a smaller organization, so it also means joining our family. To ensure you are well taken care of, we offer a comprehensive and thoughtful benefits package that includes the following items:
• Excellent health coverage benefits
• Annual education allowance
• Generous PTO and holidays
• 401(k) program (eligible after 12 months of employment)
• Global staff meetings at overseas locations
Since 1990, FSVC has been delivering technical assistance projects in over 65 countries. These projects focus, among others, on helping banks lend to small businesses, setting up deposit insurance to protect people’s savings, and helping governments manage their budgets more effectively and transparently. Sound, inclusive and transparent financial infrastructures are critical to support job creation and support lasting economic growth in these countries. To do so, we provide objective technical assistance that focuses on sustainable, locally-owned impact. We are built on a culture of respect for all staff members, volunteer experts and counterparts.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind against employees, applicants or other covered persons based on race, color, sex, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
How to Apply: For consideration, please email a resume to email@example.com and include “Accountant” in the subject line.
Deadline: July 1, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.