- About Us
- Our Impact
Position: Country Director for Moldova
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000
The Financial Services Volunteer Corps (FSVC) is looking for a highly motivated individual to launch a new program in Moldova. FSVC’s work in Moldova will concentrate on helping to create a single Central Securities Depository; assisting the National Bank of Moldova (NBM) in improving its crisis communication plans and human resources functions; and assessing the feasibility of mobile payment services in Moldova, among other topics. FSVC’s mission is to provide the highest quality technical assistance to transition and emerging market countries, by recruiting senior financial experts to serve on missions. Among others, you will be responsible for managing the program, from project design through execution and post-project follow-up. As a Country Director in Moldova, you will work very closely with our regional field staff in Tirana, Albania, and the experts FSVC will recruit, focusing on the successful implementation of practical, results-oriented projects.
FSVC is a not-for-profit, private-public partnership that helps to build sound financial systems in transition and emerging market countries. The premise of FSVC’s work is that sound financial infrastructure is essential to support private entrepreneurship, promote job creation, mobilize domestic savings, attract foreign investment and create conditions that promote lasting economic opportunity. FSVC’s core work concentrates on developing central bank capabilities, strengthening commercial banking systems and building capital markets. FSVC has field offices in Albania, Egypt, Jordan, Kenya, Somalia and Tunisia.
Key job functions include:
· Deliver some technical assistance on core program areas as a senior advisor to key local counterparts, including the NBM;
· Manage all field aspects for the technical assistance delivered by FSVC-recruited volunteer experts, including program and project activity design, logistical arrangements, implementation, post-project follow-up, and reporting to funders;
· Develop and maintain productive relationships with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, donor agencies and other assistance providers;
· Develop and maintain productive relationships with local counterpart and technical assistance recipients, including the NBM, the Ministry of Finance, the Moldova Stock Exchange/National Securities Depository and the National Bureau of Statistics, among other institutions;
· Liaise closely with FSVC’s regional staff in Tirana and FSVC’s headquarters staff in New York to ensure effective program implementation and project management;
· Actively seek further business development opportunities in Moldova and the wider region;
· Contribute actively to improving FSVC’s efficacy and impact; and
· Draft and submit reports for FSVC and its funders on program activity, measuring progress, achievement of performance indicators and impact, for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
· Master’s degree in finance/economics or other program-related field;
· Seven to ten years of experience in central bank operations or capital markets development;
· Must have experience in the development and operations of a Central Securities Depository;
· Experience managing the delivery of international technical assistance programs;
· Excellent English speaking and writing skills; fluency in Romanian or Russian preferred;
· Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills; and
· Ability to work independently.
For consideration, please email a cover letter, resume and relevant writing sample to email@example.com and include “Country Director” in the subject line.
Submission Deadline: November 16, 2016; however, FSVC will review candidates on a rolling basis.